According to Billboard The lead track from 'Xscape,' the late King of Pop's album due May 13, is headed to this week's Hot 100 thanks to a strong first few days of sales, airplay and streaming
"Love Never Felt So Good," will enter the Billboard Hot 100 chart this week following its first few days of availability.
The song appears on "Xscape," an album of eight tracks of Jackson's vocals set to new music from Timbaland and J-Roc, Rodney Jerkins, Stargate and John McClain (a former A&M Records executive and co-executor of the Jackson estate). The set arrives May 13.
Michael Jackson - Love Never Felt So Good (solo)
Michael Jackson & Justin Timberlake - Love Never Felt So Good
Some highlights from the article
- Solid initial sales and airplay, which should send the song, available as a solo Jackson recording and in a duet version with Timberlake, onto this week's Hot 100
- "Love never felt So Good" " will mark Jackson's 49th Hot 100 entry and second since his 2009 death. "Hold My Hand," with Akon, reached No. 39 in January 2011
- Jackson boasts 13 Hot 100 No. 1s, the most among solo males in the chart's 55-year history. Only the Beatles (20) and Mariah Carey (18) have totaled more No. 1s, with Rihanna also having notched 13 leaders.
- Meanwhile, "Good" has also garnered a strong response at radio and appears on track for a debut on the 50-position Radio Songs chart. As of this posting, the cut has drawn 31 million all-format radio audience impressions since its first plays on Friday
- Highlights of the Hot 100 will post on Billboard.com on Wednesday (May 7), while the chart will post in its entirety the following day.
Read More at Billboard http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6077508/michael-jackson-justin-timberlake-hot-100-love-never-felt-so-good