Sunday, April 03, 2011

Fulham FC owner Al Fayed Unveils Michael Jackson Statue

I'm loving this man more and more :)
I may be in the minority but I really appreciate his love for MJ and wanting to honor him with a statue.  I don't agree with fans from either side telling him how or where he should do that.  It tickled me that he said they could go to Hell or to Chelsea if they don't like it. The man loved Michael and was his friend. I commend him for staying his ground and find fans from both sides arrogant for trying to derail his effort.

The statute isn't an exact replica of Michael but it is a good likeness and its cute. I especially LOVE LOVE the costume they chose. Its gorgeous and those who don't like it can go to "Hell or Chelsea" your choice  LOL .. I LOVE that he said that 

But hey you don't have to like it,  If you don't it probably wasn't for you anyway .. It was for people who appreciate Michael being honored and Al Fayed for doing so ~ Qbee



Mr Fayed looks so Happy here to honor his friend Michael :)




Fulham FC owner Mohammed al Fayed has said fans can "go to hell" if they do not appreciate the new Michael Jackson statue at Craven Cottage.

Mr Al Fayed unveiled the tribute to his late friend ahead of Fulham's Premier League match against Blackpool on Sunday.

He had wanted to put the statue outside London's Harrods store, which he previously owned, but could not get permission.

So Mr Al Fayed decided to erect the memorial near the football club's ground in the city's southwest - to much consternation from Fulham fans.

But the chairman dismissed criticism of the statue as "stupid".

"Football fans love it. If some stupid fans don't understand and appreciate such a gift they can go to hell," he said.

"I don't want them to be fans. If they don't understand and don't believe in things I believe in they can go to Chelsea, they can go to anywhere else.

"People will queue to come and visit it from all over the UK and it is something that I and everybody else should be proud of."

Mr Al Fayed invited Jackson to watch a Fulham match in 1999.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Feel free to share this article and your thoughts.